Careers and Pathways
The Careers Team is happy to inform you that we have a Careers website. You can find information on:
- Work Experience placements and forms,
- resume and cover letter samples,
- calendar of events,
- career newsletter
- and much more.
You can compare courses and institutions, as well as watch videos and complete questionnaires to find out your career interests. Please take some time to look around the site and familiarise yourself with it.
What is available at the Careers Centre?
To visit Ms Carter or Mrs Mascaro you can either make an appointment through the webpage or just drop in to their desks on the ground floor at the eastern end. They are always happy to help.
Year 10's are encouraged to have their work experience placement confirmed by the beginning of Term 2. Please apply for many places as you may not get your first choice and you don't want to miss out on a great week.
- Careers advice - talk with the careers counsellor about careers that might interest you and how to get there.
- Lots of brochures about universities, TAFEs, apprenticeships, careers and more.
- Use of computers to research courses, write resumes, and do VTAC applications.
- Help with resumes and cover letters, interview techniques, job searching and mock interviews.
- Help looking for work experience and structured workplace learning and school-based apprenticeships and traineeships.
- Information about applying for jobs, gaining apprenticeships and traineeships.
- Links with local employers and jobs available.
- Speakers about different careers.
- Speakers about universities and TAFEs.
- Advice about choosing subjects and courses in VCE and VCAL.
- Advice about choosing subjects and courses at university and TAFE.
- Careers excursions – visits to learn about careers, visits to universities and TAFEs.
- Information about scholarships, cadetships, and awards.