John Monash Centre for Professional Learning
JMSS is currently developing a range of Professional Learning programs, delivered both onsite at JMSS, and online via our Broadcast Studio. Teachers across Victoria are learning about Mathematica in partnership with the Victorian Department of Education and Training, with more programs to be announced soon.
Starting in 2017 Emerging Sciences Victoria is pleased to advise it will be offering Professional Development courses for educators using its virtual real-time classroom environment.
Using the proven learning technology and processes developed by John Monash Science School and Monash University teachers will be able to attend regular Professional Development sessions from the comfort of their school or home.
Online Teacher Professional Development provides the following benefits for participants:
- No time away from the classroom and family due to travel and attending sessions in a different city or town
- Professional Development training broken up over multiple classes allowing for improved retention and learning
- Expert trainers in their field delivering the subjects
- Expanded networks due to the statewide and potentially national coverage of training courses
- Courses developed to be counted as eligible hours for Victorian Institute of Teaching Professional Development requirements
- Reduced costs for attendance and no travel or accommodation costs
Over 2019 and beyond we will be developing a number of different Professional Development courses. These courses may be delivered by John Monash Science School staff, Monash University academics or other educators and trainers.
For more information about our online classes for Year 9 and 10 students, please visit Emerging Sciences Victoria (ESV) www.emsci.vic.edu.au
Emerging Sciences Victoria gratefully acknowledges the contribution of the Monash University Faculty of Education and Faculty of Science in the establishment of the studio and its initial online student courses. Emerging Sciences Victoria will continue to work with all areas of Monash University to develop leading, contemporary subjects in science, digital technologies, education and learning models in addition to delivering its own internally developed content.